Webseite Zenhomes GmbH
What we build
Times and people change, but humans will always need a place to live in. Why then is finding and operating our homes still one of the arguably worst possible experiences?
Hundreds of applicants for the same apartment, weird & intransparent calculation of utilities, let alone the hassle to find someone qualified to fix something reliably and in time when it gets broken? Yeah, we’ve all been there.
That is why we started Zenhomes.
“Zen” – adj. – Complete and absolute peace. [Urban Dictionary]
“Home(s)” – noun (pl.) – a house, apartment, or other shelters that is the usual residence of a person, family or household. [Thesaurus]
It is our vision to give everyone absolute peace around their home. We believe the best way to make this happen is by creating the first digital ecosystem around housing. A platform where all stakeholders interact digitally and seamlessly, from tenants to landlords, from banks to estate agents, handymen and property managers alike.
Having obliterated the old methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management through our platform “Vermietet.de”, we now enable tens-of-thousands of people to better manage their homes all across Germany. But this is just the start.
It has always been up to the innovators, the tinkerers, the pioneers, and bold implementers to leap of faith, even when others are still doubtful. To consider matters in their own hands and courageously make a step forward, despite the odds, to make the world a better place.
What about you?
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Design (m/f/d) to lead the Zenhomes design chapter, by empowering the team to create an outstanding experience for our users in conjunction with the visual language of Zenhomes brand and products.
We are looking for someone with a holistic view of our product and brand strategy. Besides leading the product design and user experience, you’ll oversee and support other aspects of our creative execution, including marketing campaigns, website, video production, product launches, and more. You will infuse brand in all of our user touch-points through visuals, tone, voice, and experience and make it consistent.
At the same time, you will function as a manager and mentor of the design chapter and work closely with them in their career development.
Team & Management
- Lead and manage a team of designers spread across Strategic, Experience, Product, Marketing and Video production focus areas.
- Coach and mentor young designers to create their best work, maximize performance, guide their growth and empower them to collaborate effectively.
- Collaborate successfully with internal stakeholders including Zenhomes leadership, marketing, product managers, developers while representing design across the organization
- Actively hire top talent, scale and structure the team
- Lead external support for the design team (e.g. Freelancers or Agencies) and control the respective budget for the whole chapter.
Product Design & User Experience
- Oversee and participate in the design process, from concept and strategy to wireframe, UX and UI design, prototyping, testing and final execution for all of our products (Vermietet.de/Hausio)
- Collaborate with senior management in developing and communicating business goals and drafting quarterly OKRs
- Support Strategic designers in user research and other experiments to inform design decisions and support in the development of new products, feature development and general testing
- Provide inspirational creative leadership for all marketing and brand executions, including campaigns, web, ads, events, communications, video, social, and office design.
- Protect the integrity of the brand, while encouraging creative exploration and risk-taking. That includes developing and evolving the design guidelines.
- Develop brand concepts working closely with the marketing team (copywriters, marketers, marketing directors, etc.).
Then we assume you are
- Motivated: You are always up to solving problems, and you have the get-things-done mindset to reach the goals
- Emphatic: You have no trouble putting yourself in someone else’s shoes to understand what is the main pain point and the best solutions to ensure a joy-of-use
- Knowledgeable: Your initiatives and decisions are data-driven and based on your vast experience in design/UX matters – both paired with the will to mentor your colleagues
- Hands-on: You are a skilled expert and love to draft and execute on design
- Responsible: You embrace the ownership of your work
- Team player: You can easily communicate your thoughts as well as being a good listener. A good sense of humor is a must!
- 5+ years’ experience in the same or similar role. Leading, managing, and scaling design teams, with strong product design and UX portfolio.
- Proven experience developing complex design systems for digital products: mobile and web applications (experience within the FinTech or Real Estate is a plus)
- Experience in a fast-paced, data-driven environment: product companies, growing startups, or digital agencies.
- You are a great communicator and engaging storyteller that brings everyone together towards a shared vision. That includes excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (German is a definite plus)
More reasons to join
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Zenhomes – you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Participation. We are in on this mission together – and will win as a team. That’s why next to competitive pay, everyone is offered a piece of the company.
- Healthy Food & Beverage. Kitchen stocked with fruits, snacks, drinks and as much Mate and beer as you want? Check.
- Triple-A Equipment. Your best performance requires the best tools. So you tell us what you need and we get it, no questions asked. Yes, even weird mousepads.
- A Workplace You’ll Love. A modern & light-filled office in the heart of Berlin Mitte.
- Visa Assistance. Berlin is the place to be and we want to get you here! Therefore we’ll help you to organize your visa and get all the papers sorted! We also find the first place to stay for you and we will accompany your journey to Berlin.
Fancy a challenge?
Then apply directly here with your resume/CVportfolio (as links to your portfolio or whatever can show us which products you already have enriched with your professional creativity), motivations, and your availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly!
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com